Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Russell















Russell, from the oversized Gorillaz vinyl toy set by Jamie Hewlett and KidRobot. The attention to detail that was put into translating Jamie's killer designs into toy form is outstanding. The sheer size of this guy will punch you in the face when you see it in person. Holy smack.

I was lucky enough to pick him up in the KidRobot shop on Haight St. in San Francisco… currently this super limited version is sold out online. If you move quick, you can still nab the alternate “red edition.”

















6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah booyeeee, those figures are dope! Oh man, look at this though, Attaboy posted this Dave Cooper proto on his Flickr account. I'm dying to see this one come out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yumfactory/34108157/

11:54 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Awww yeah. More Gorillaz love on the Ghostblog. Russell is made for vinyl. Very cool figure.

Daaang! That Dave Cooper proto has some seriously awesome sculpting. Thanks for the link Josh.

2:11 PM  
Blogger roque said...

This toy is awesome. I have to admit, I was a doubter at first when I saw pre-release pictures. But seeing this series in person made me a believer. I snagged Russel. Now I'm eyeing Noodle...

Josh, that Cooper toy is sick! Colin Batty is one freaking awesome sculptor.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Hot swill!! The sculpting on that Dave Cooper figure is RIDICULOUS!!! The detail on the teeth and hair make me weep.

8:08 PM  
Blogger James Baker said...

I'm pretty sure that they still have these at BRAND FURY on Sutter st.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Oy King Snake,

I just got Noodle! Will blog soon as it is glorious.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios