Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

DRAW! Interview

As you can gather from Alan's last post, we're all detoxing from the biggest nerdfest of the year. It was glorious and bigger than we could have imagined. We met some great people and picked up awesome schwag so I'm sure we will all have our individual reports coming soon (once we wake up). In the meantime, I had to share some very cool news:


DRAW! Magazine (see my original post here), helmed by the prolific Mike Manley, just released Issue #11 that features an article with yours truly. How the heck did that happen? I'm still asking myself that question. All I know is I met Mike at the 2004 con, we had a great conversation, and now one year later I'm in a magazine next to the legendary Steve Rude. The article turned out longer than I was expecting and Mike included a lot of my artwork. Definitely a hilite to my career and something I won't forget. Buy your issue today and let me know what you think!


12 Comments:

Blogger Jared Chapman said...

Too cool. I'll have to pick up a copy myself.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Congrats Roq. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa! There's like pages and pages of that interview! What a hot-shot!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Awesome article dude! Hot shot indeed!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just picked it up to read your article, very interesting read.

You said you like to see model sheets, etc. of "failed" attempts, any chance posting some of yours up on the blog...?

8:10 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Dang! Thanks for calling me out, Rick... Just because you asked, I'm going to have to find some choice images to scan that didn't make the cut. Shouldn't have to dig that deep...I'm all about failure!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sean Dicken said...

Awesome article! Congrats! I just picked up this issue of Draw! at a comic store in Manhattan of all places! Saw your name on the cover and I coudln't resist... Great to see that Joe Paradise is getting some press again! I too get email regarding the show on a regular basis. Love your new stuff too. Keep it up!

9:24 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Yo, Sean! Good to hear from you. Manhattan?! Nice!! I thought my name on the cover would cause a dip in sales. Fortunately Steve Rude is there to balance it all out... I'm thankful for all the Joe Paradise fans that are still out there, lurking in the shadows. Maybe we can drum up interest for a DVD or somethin... ;)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi roque! just dropping by to see your blog updates. glad to see you're getting out there and showing off all that talent. many congrats! -amber maclean (loewen)

6:44 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Amby! Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on the "name modification"! You better pick up a copy of this issue because I mentioned you on page 36 (but who's counting)!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Matt Jones said...

Much admire the work of Ghostbot. Read the article in DRAW - illuminating & inspiring.

9:19 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Welcome, Matt! (oh wait...that sounds wrong...)

Thanks for popping in. Your blog is one of my new discoveries. Beautiful work. Darn you.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios