Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Anatomy of a BG: Part 3

Thought I'd take this long weekend to finish my thread on the background design process for Esurance. This first image is of the bg taken into Flash and cleaned up into vectors. Our go-to gal for this phase is the fabulous Christine L. Toscanini. The secret to her power is that she's been trained in the trenches of traditional animation so she's got an eye for good assisting. That goes long and far in the world of Flash clean-up. She's also wicked fast. We're constantly amazed when work comes back from her because it always looks better than we hope. Peruse her handiwork:

Chris gave us a good basis to start by laying in gray tones for value on the bg. I love to color style the bgs myself, but lately when we have no time for art school noodling, we call on the talents of color diva, Jenny Hansen (previously mentioned on this blog here and here) to alter the color spectrum in our favor. She really injected the mood into this one (I love her subtle use of gradients):

We couldn't have cranked out so many spots in so little time without the help of these two fine friends. Thanks, ladies!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lord Cheez said...

this blog rules. I come here when I need that firm reminder that I kinda suck. thanks, guys (and now LADIES)!

7:49 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Suck? From the Champion of YETH?...I think not! Thanks for visiting, LC!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Kris does cleanup like she's on fire... holy fire!! She definitely has the Eye of the Tiger when it comes to making our scribbles look pretty. Jenny's colors jump out and punch me in both my eyes. Put that combo on Roque's perspeculous (I just made that word up) BGs and you have good times!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

LC.. you know Cheez goes with everything!

It's all a blur to me how all that work got done. A fantastic effort Ghostbots and Ghostbotettes.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the earpiece. One of my professors used to work for the CIA on assignments in Soviet Russia during the cold war. He said they would embed the earpieces deep within the ear canal to make them invisible to the KGB. The one she's wearing wouldn't serve that purpose very well.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios