Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Altered Carbon


I’m a little late getting in on the enthusiastic outpouring over the debut novel from Richard K. Morgan, but hot dang I have to join the party. Referred to me by our buddy, sound designer extrordinaire Jim Lively, this book kicked me in the face.

In Altered Carbon, Morgan tells a future crime-noir story filled with fantastic sci-fi ideas. We follow super cool Takeshi Kovacs, ex-Envoy (neurachemically enhanced special forces operative), as he is hired to unravel the mystery surrounding the death of a wealthy Earth industrialist. The trick is that Kovacs is already dead, and he’s hired by the man who’s death he’s investigating. I’ll say no more, go read this book now!

If you’re in San Francisco, I highly recommend stopping by Borderlands Books to pick it up. You can also order from Amazon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Cool. I've heard this is a fantastic read and now that I'm done with Ender's Game, I gotta get my hands on this.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jared Chapman said...

I'll have to check that one out as well. By the way, I'm really enjoying the new design of the site.

10:27 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Doh! You caught us with our Punch Pants down! We're working on launching a site update real soon. But now that you've discovered it early, we're going to have to find you and eat your brains.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jared Chapman said...

Oh sheesh! I'm sorry. I was talking about the new layout of the blog. I haven't discovered a new Ghostbot website... so your secret is still safe! But now that you've said that you are working a new site, I can't wait to see it!

12:31 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Doh! (again)

Well played, Chapman, well played...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jared Chapman said...

Why, thank you. ;)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is one of my FAVORITE books of all time! Great ideas, premise and exceptionally well written! His follow up book, “Broken Angels” isn’t as good, in my humble opinion but Morgan definitely makes up for it in the third installment in this series, “Woken Furies.” Also, check out “Market Forces” which is just as good as “Altered Carbon!” I can’t get enough of this guy!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Nice! I actually enjoyed "Broken Angels," although it's quite different from "Altered Carbon." "Market Forces" is next on my list!

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios