Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Mole in the City...of Ottawa

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to direct a special DVD episode of Happy Tree Friends entitled "Mole in the City". It's my interpretation of, you guessed it, "the Mole" in a super-spy noir caper. HTF creator/director and Ghostbot pal, Kenn Navarro, was instrumental in letting me loose on this project. Send all hate mail here.


I guess we didn't screw up too bad because we just recently found out that "Mole in the City" was accepted into the Ottawa 05 International Animation Festival! Woohoo! Big thanks to everyone who slaved away on this short and helped us pass out across the finish line. You can only see the entire episode on the upcoming Happy Tree Friends box set: Overkill which should be available soon (unless you already snagged it at the Comic con).


7 Comments:

Blogger Jared Chapman said...

OMG! That's awesome! The design of the stills you've posted has me drooling for more. Wonderful stuff! I'll certainly be picking this set up. Congrats on the good news about Ottawa... You make me sick... but in a good way.
;)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What have you done... what have you done...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Nice! Mole in the City was definitely one of the craziest jobs Ghostbot has taken on, but it came out looking fantastic. Well... it looked good through my blood soaked eyes.

Thanks to Mr. N for letting us run buck wild on the project.

And kudos to Mr. B for storyboarding, designing and directing a kick ass piece. It's his award nominating skills that keeps Ghostbot legit. Huzzah!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait... Ghostbot's legit now?!?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

We're like MC Hammer. Too legit to quit.. oh wait... that's a bad thing.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'd say we're more like Hammer than MC Hammer.

Mole was indeed one of the craziest Ghostbot jobs ever, and it came out as one of the coolest ever. Roque, I raise my "Yo Joe Cola" to you.

1:17 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Jared - Thanks for the props. If I can be a part of making you buy stuff AND be sick, then my job here is done.

Mr L - I blame you. And "legit" in Alan-speak means "laughable".

Alan, Brad - My brother bots...there aren't any two jerks I'd rather have simultaneously carrying me over the finish line and insulting me than you guys. (sniff) Yo, Joe indeed.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios