Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Day: D

Before the "magic" (or smell) of Comic Con wears off, here's my last post:

Saturday was what I expected - the most crowded of all the days, the most costumes, the longest lines. I could feel the built up exhaustion and over-saturation from the previous days already taking its toll. That coupled with the weekend frenzy was almost too much, and I knew I probably wouldn't last the whole day.

That being said, I had to wake up early to try and catch the first big screening of the day for NBC's new pilot, Bionic Woman. I had seen a preview online before the con and I was totally intrigued.


Michelle Ryan: the new "Jamie Sommers"


Ryan and executive producer, David Eick (Battlestar Galactica)


A huge draw for nerds everywhere (and rightly so), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) as "Sarah", the first Bionic Woman. She totally rocked it.

The pilot was pretty good, but not perfect. They had a good cast and I'll definitely tune in when it premieres. We got an extra kick out of seeing Mae Whitman in it (playing Jamie's sister) since we've worked with her before on a previous yet-to-be-aired project.

There was a big Heroes panel later in the day but the Bionic Woman line just pushed me over the edge. I had enough crowds and as much as I wanted to see the entire cast, I had to bow out.


Heroes had a cool setup of Isaac's studio on the con floor, complete with the original paintings used in the show (by comic artist Tim Sale)


Famous floor painting of an exploding New York in the future


"Save the cheerleader, save the world!"

We went to the FUNimation booth for a Happy Tree Friends signing with the gore-monger himself, Kenn Navarro. Last year we worked on the title sequence so Kenn asked us to waste Sharpie markers with him again this con. Despite our bad drawings, the HTF fans were gracious as always.

By this point, I knew my energy was rapidly decreasing so we decided to wander aimlessly around the floor with no agenda. At the same time, I knew this was the last chance to find any last minute gems:



Whaleboy by
Patrick Morgan, Ed Acosta, and Taesoo Kim




Gabriele Pennacchioli's Animal Blog

And finally I bought this one original piece painted by Joe Moshier from Conduct Happiness. How cute is this? I didn't get to talk with Joe but buying this was the perfect way to end the con for me.


There's just something about owning a hand-done original that cleans the palette from a 123,000 person Con.

All in all, it was a fun-filled adventure. No matter how many times you go, you can never fully prepare yourself for the unique experience of Comic Con. I can't even imagine what next year will be like...

6 Comments:

Blogger Biggedy said...

Awesome! It's just like being in the con! These posts are great! I like seeing the cool swag that's there. Especially the painted pea. Always cool to see pea painted so perfectly.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Hobo Divine said...

I love your profile pic of the robot shooting his mind controlling ray from his mouth

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Wow you had a full on time dude, we actually came over from NZ for it!! It's a shame we didn't get to bump into each other!! We were even at the Disney party too!!! That's cool you got a painting from Joe, we got to have a chat to him and he was really cool!!

We've got some piccys up on our blog too!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Crap if I new what you guys actualy looked like I probably would have run into you. Hope your kicking ass.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jo Bling said...

Never been but would love to go. My work has appeared there, but not the Bling in the flesh, so to speak ;-)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Joe White said...

Awesome Pea painting you got there!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios