Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Toon In

Ok, that's got to be the worst title for a post that I've written (I blame being MIA from blogging for so long). But it's the only way I can think of at the moment to introduce Channel Frederator.



Ever since Apple announced the new Video iPod, my brain has been struggling to comprehend the way the entertainment world is changing. I'm still amazed at the "song for a buck" reality of iTunes, the cracker-like size of the Nano, and now the idea of downloading video content to play on an iPod? Hang on to your headphones...



So not more than a month after that announcement, the first ones to the starting line - true to form - are the pioneers at Frederator Studios. They've taken the initiative to be one of the first sources for free animation videocasts. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they put good time into packaging this endeavor right. It feels like you're watching a real tv show, down to the bumpers between shorts and everything.



I can't tell you how I'm excited to see this moving forward so quickly. This is a new era of distribution for independent creators. Can you imagine bypassing all the ridiculous network mucky-muck and paying a couple of dollars to download original, exclusive content straight from your favorite artists? (I wish I could convince the-powers-that-be to re-release Joe Paradise that way...) Maybe the internet can finally make money after all.

So subscribe now and join the revolution. Now I just can't wait for my flying car...

[Link via Drawn!]

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There's no money in the internet, It's all a giant sham!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sean Dicken said...

I'm with you on the JP idea! I think I might recompress them to iPod specs anyway just to have them on the ol' iPod...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Joe Paradise would ROCK the house.. or shall I say "ROQ" the house. Yuck yuck.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

More Joe is needed for all.

The possibilities for how this whole video ipod thing might go are staggering.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, Olga no feel too good. Igor, prepare the toilet bowl... for the nazis are a comin...

12:06 AM  
Blogger roque said...

So sorry to hear that, Olga.... Uhh...what?...

12:27 AM  
Blogger James Baker said...

this is a pretty exciting development... any plans for generating content, you content generators, you?

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sean Dicken said...

Joe Paradise is on Frederator this week!! Woah! I don't have QT7 on my work computer, so I can't see what episode, but wow, that's cool!

3:40 PM  
Blogger roque said...

SWEET MOSES! How did that HAPPEN?!

4:15 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Jamie - Oh, we're hoping to generate our own original content, you betcha! Whether or not that puts food on the table...that's a whole other post...

Et tu, Jamie???

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios