Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

1992 Vintage Gelatto

Try as I may, I can never let go of my 1992 fanboy. It's what keeps me going back to the comic store every week in hopes that I'll be teleported back to a time of foil-embossed,#1/2, variant cover,one-copy-to-read-one-copy-to-save-in-it's-bag goodness.

That being said, when I first stumbled on this new blog, I didn't think I'd go back. But my inner fanboy is still stuck in '92, even if he's a little bit older and a little bit more cynical about the comic industry. Kudos to one of the first rockstar comic book artists to emerge from the 90s - Jim Lee - for jumping head first into his blog GELATOMETTI (with help from some of the Wildstorm crew) and posting like a fiend. Cool stuff - demo movies, insider pics, sketches, and ramblings. I can't keep up.

That's why I keep going back for seconds...


© Gelatometti

5 Comments:

Blogger Jared Chapman said...

I second your comments. I find myself going back to the Wildstorm blog often... It's on the verge of becoming a sickness...

9:07 AM  
Blogger roque said...

You hear that folks? It's not just me... We're going to have to start a '92 Fanboys Anonymous (9FA) support group soon.

Membership is free to those who acknowledge and accept their weakness.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Danger! Danger! Danger Will Robinson! Geek alert ahead!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I'm a big fan of Jim Lee. His X-Men stuff blew my mind in the 90s and his latest work on Bat Man was equally impressive.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I wish Jim Lee would draw a GI Joe mini series. THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios