Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

"So say we all!"

It's hard to find good sci-fi. It's even harder to find good sci-fi on television. Now I can't claim to be as die-hard a Trekkie as Alan or Brad, but there's no hiding that Ghostbot loves sci-fi. The last well-done show that we've recently seen was Joss Whedon's Firefly, which as fans know, was poorly advertised and short-lived (however keep your eyes peeled for the soon to be released Firefly movie, Serenity). Then I saw the new Battlestar Galactica.


"Another remake?" I wanted so hard to not like it...but it's too good. I missed the premiere of the mini-series when it first came out. Instead, I happened to run across it when they recently aired it on NBC. At each commercial break, I kept thinking to myself, "ok, NOW is when they're going to screw it up and I can change the channel..." But it never happened. The intense plot, the flawed characters (a great cast led by the "war-beaten" Edward James Olmos), the awesome fx (done right by Zoic Studios!), the tasteful homage to the old series while crafting their own universe - everything was woven together into a gripping show. Instead of hating it, I kept muttering to myself, "this is really good...this is really GOOD!"

So now we're hooked, Tivos poised for lunch viewings. If you haven't seen it, you don't know what you're missing. All that and the creator Ron Moore has his own blog too...

ps. One of my fave episodes is "33". Holy moley.


6 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Yeah, we're a bunch of geeks, but we know the difference between good sci fi and bad sci fi. Not only is Galactica really good sci fi, its just flat out a great show.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if Starbuck makes a good cup o' joe?

4:33 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Question asked...

...and ANSWERED here!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Battlestar Galactica is definitely the most compelling sci fi show I’ve seen in ages.

Ronald Moore the mastermind of the new Battlestar, did his sci fi tour of duty during the best time of Star Trek the Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Still with all the Federation lingo under his belt, this show feels nothing like Trek at all. It’s like a cross between 24 and ER in terms of intensity, sprinkled with some really great sci-fi effects and action.

Cheers to the creators of the show! Lets hope they can keep that freight train momentum.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

The first 5 episodes are back to back on Sci Fi Channel tonight starting at 7pm. Check it out!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'm taping it right now...

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios