Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Post Traumatic Comic-Con Disorder

It’s been a week in a half since Ghostbot’s return from the 2010 San Diego comic-con, and after a week and a half I think it’s safe to say that I’ve sufficiently recovered from the shell shock of comic-con to formulate a blog entry.

I was only prepared enough to know I wasn’t prepared. There was a bedazzled storm trooper, a cross dressing Sailor Moon, and I even got to hug Pikachu. Nathan Fillion walked past our booth and I can say with confidence that had I been struck down by a bolt of lightning at that very moment, I would have died fulfilled. We were stoked that our booth was located right next to the cast of “The Guild," including one of my favorites, Felicia Day. If you haven’t seen “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog” yet, shame. Just… insurmountable shame.

I spent a majority of my time at the Ghostbot booth alternately hyperventilating that I was mere yards from Felicia and helping to sell merchandise. It was really neat to talk to the people who came to the Ghostbot booth. The most frequent thing I heard: “This stuff is awesome!! Are you the artist??” “Nah… I’m, just the intern…” “Oh. *disappointed face*” After which they usually bought some buttons and got a print signed.

Both nights comic-con was followed by Ghostbot outings for dinner, and I realized partway through our boisterous dinner at P.F. Chang's that we were “that” dinner group…

At the very end of comic-con, as we were trundling out the last of the Ghostbot merchandise, opportunity struck and I had the pleasure of getting to meet Felicia Day; truly the cherry on the sundae of glory and wonderment that is comic-con.

4 Comments:

Blogger ZSL said...

dem buttons. Adorable! Glad you got to meet your favorite celebs.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Buddy Bettany said...

But what about Paul Bettany? Inquiring minds need to know!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

what a grand time it was...great pics Elise...TY

5:58 PM  
Anonymous OLEA said...

That looks like Javier Bardem in Sailor Moon outfit!

Anyway guys was a pleasure to meet you again after Wondercon.

And me having a table has also traumatic disorder, but guess what, NY Comic Con is next! :P

And Elise don't get sad because of the "intern" label, I'm a colorist and have the same question and reaction. I say we take a buck from now on from people asking that :P

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios