Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Heads roll on Spike TV.... Afro hits the air waves!


Get ready for some serious ass whooping as Afro Samurai has premiered on America’s Spike TV. I haven’t seen this much “head chopping fun” from an anime in a long time. The over-the-top violence level is on par with such hit classics as Ninja Scroll. It’s definitely not for the faint of heart. The overall look is really outstanding. . The layout and animation is very dynamic as well.

Looking at the overall package, it’s clear that a lot of effort and quality was put into Afro Samurai. From the obvious movie star voice casting (Samuel L Frickin Jackson!!!), western music score (RZA) and the high level of animation production (Gonzo), it’s clear they are trying to push the boundaries of animation in America. Thank goodness!

If you don't get Spike TV, check out the show here. All I wanna know is when is the DVD coming out!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris Battle said...

If Afro Samurai, Samurai Jack and Samurai Champloo (Mugen) all fought each other, who would win?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

I'd say the Battousai from Rurouni Kenshin could take them all out.

5:20 PM  
Blogger damon said...

Goemon from Lupin would take them all down with one slice

11:18 AM  
Blogger Behonkiss said...

Ahahahaha.

Have you guys seen the Space Ghost Esurance ad Adult Swim is airing? Looks like Tad Ghostal seems to think what most of the internet does about Erin.

12:11 PM  
Blogger SteveLambe said...

Afro Samurai is awesome! It reminds me a lot of Samurai Champloo, but more extreme. Can't wait for the dvd set.

Thanks for the comment on the blog, Alan. It was super cool to meet you guys, and see the studio. I envy your comfy little setup. Such a great work environment.

Did Roque get my g'bye note?

2:02 PM  
Blogger TotalD said...

Oh shit, I love this fricken blog guys. I love the AS ad.

11:05 PM  
Blogger roque said...

Hey Lambey: I did get your kind note. Next time you visit, I need 6 months notice.

totald: Thanks for visiting! We've been so busy our blog has cobwebs.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jo Bling said...

That looks wicked chaps - didn't know anything about that over here but shall keep my peepers peeled.

7:28 AM  
Blogger SHANE PRIGMORE said...

I WILL watch the Afro Samurai. And I've been loving your new comercials.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios