Ghostbot
About Projects News Contacts

Punch Pants

A Ghostbot blog.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Incredible (pt 1)

I think this is the perfect occasion to draw the other 'Bots to start blogging (ya hear that guys?!). Go watch this movie. After watching a 1:45 pm showing opening day, all I have to say is I have see it again. Digitally projected this time, what the heck. Here begins my amateur review:

Of course the excitement has been building for this movie. C'mon - PIXAR + Superheroes + Brad Bird? That's gotta be some sort of sick fan-love combination if I've ever heard one. I've tried to keep myself as sheltered as possible from trailers, detailed reviews, commercials, etc. Hard this day and age, but I was somewhat successful. Some of our friends who had seen early screenings said some crazy stuff. One from our pal, Fee:
In my opinion, the Incredibles is by far my favorite Pixar movie, and the animated movie you have been waiting your whole life for. I recently saw a couple of completed sequences and it continues to destroyed me. Completely blew the flesh right off my bones.
From Jamie Baker's website:
There always has to be a quibble somewhere, and as good as it is, that is still definately the case with The Incredibles. There is only one thing that bothered me about this movie, and that is that I didn't get a chance to work on it myself...
Amen to that. But I'm jumping ahead of myself.

First of all, the movie was advertised with previews of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Cars, the next Pixar film. Now that's almost enough to get you to go watch any film. (We should talk about those separately as well). When the movie started, it took me literally 30 minutes to get over how amazing the movie looked. I've always thought that Pixar humans looked odd and that's probably why all their movies up to now focused on non-humans. Let me state the obvious here: Pixar has BLOWN THE DOOR off of human animation in 3d. We all knew it would happen when they released the very first teaser (which on a side note: even as amazing a piece of character animation as that trailer was, they didn't even have to include it in the feature). But to see it alive in front of your eyes...stunning. Hence the 30 minutes to get over it.

More to come...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

It's hard to believe that Pixar keeps topping themselves but here we go again. Another masterpiece from the locals in Emeryville. Major kudos on another classic film.

The Incredibles is my favorite American animated movie since well... Iron Giant. Favorite parts.. it's hard to say. I think there are too many. I dig Elasti-Girl. She had some great moments in the flick. Also, Frozone was great too. I need to go watch it again.

My only gripe with the movie experience was it didn't run with the Episode 3 trailer. Instead, we at the Metreon were treated to the Son of the Mask trailer. Yikes.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Incredibles is the film I've been waiting for for a long time... Must see again immediately!

Design is amazing, story is fantastic, characters are outstanding. Animation... they've taken it to a whole new plane. Pixar has made some truly great pictures, I've enjoyed them all, but with this one I can say they are producing the best animation on the planet right now.

9:32 AM  
Blogger roque said...

Yup! Fellow bloggers at 24fps... Thanks for the link, Noch!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Secret Base Fellow Ghostbot Portfolios